* To be applied in Form No. 13 (Link to TRACES for Form No. 13)
1. Standard Requirements for making an Applicant u/s 197 :
1.1 Name : Name as per your PAN/TAN
1.3 Jurisdictional Assessing Officer details as per last Income Tax Return. Details of Range, Circle/Ward and AO number are to be supplied. 1.4 Details regarding Nature of business/income earning activity are to be provided.
2. Contact person (responsible for TDS) details:
2.1 These details will be used in case any information/ documents are required for processing the application.
3. Income/Tax payment details:
3.1 Details of last three years income and projection for current year to be provided.
3.2 Tax payment details for last 3 years to be filled.
3.3 Details of tax already deducted / paid for current FY to be filled.
3.4 Details of demand outstanding before any Income Tax authority to be provided including details of AY, amount outstanding , section and current status(whether any stay granted).
3.5 Particulars of default as reported in column 27 of tax audit report (Form No. 3CD) for last three years to be provided. Reasons for the default and corrective action taken should also be mentioned.
3.6 Details of pending scrutiny assessment or penalty proceedings to be provided.
3.7 Details of receipt/utilization/accumulation for last 10 years to be provided if the applicant is a person referred to in Rule 28AB(1)
4. TAN details, if applicable.
5. Details of Cumulative Tax likely to be foregone by issue of certificate
5.1 Section: Section of the Income Tax Act under which the receipt is liable for TDS.
5.2 Projected amount: Cumulative amount of projected receipt under this section.
5.3 No. of parties: No. of parties from whom the receipt is expected.
5.4 Normal rate of TDS: Rate of TDS applicable as per Income Tax Act if no certificate is issued.
5.5 Lower rate requested: Rate at which lower deduction certificate is requested for receipts covered under this section.
5.6 Tax Foregone.
5.7 Total Tax foregone as per certificate proposed.
5.8 Tax foregone as per certificate, if any issued earlier during Financial Year: to be filled if certificate for lower deduction issued earlier for the same financial year.
5.9 Cumulative tax foregone.
6. Deductor wise details with respect to payments for which certificate is sought to be provided.
6.1 Name: Name of the deductor from whom payment is expected. Name should be same as appearing in TAN allotment letter.
6.3 Address: Current correspondence address of the deductor.
6.4 Email: Email ID of the deductor.
6.5 Receipt amount: Expected receipt amount to be filled.
6.6 TDS Section under which receipt is covered.
7. Documents to be submitted along with application :
1. ITR-V/Acknowledgement of filing Income Tax return for relevant financial years to be provided.
2. Computation of Income for relevant financial years.
3. Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Account for relevant financial years with all Schedules/Annexures.
4. Audit report in Form-3CD/3CA-3CB/10B ( Whichever is applicable) for relevant financial years.
5. Complete Chart showing all the payments made, the head of such expenses (e.g. contract payment, legal professional fees, etc.) and the section under which tax has been deducted by the applicant.